The Problem Gambling Institute of Ontario has recently published a guide for parents who are concerend about the effects of problem gambling on their children.
From their website:
Most families faced with problem gambling want to know how they can regain control of their lives. We hope this section will help you:
- Understand how gambling may affect your family
- Learn how to help someone with a gambling problem
- Find ways to get your family life back in order
- Deal with money issues
- Learn how counselling can help you and your family
- Find resources that have helped other families
Your life may feel out of control right now. But with help, your family can deal with and get over problems caused by gambling. People with gambling problems do recover, and their families do heal. Your family can be one of them. By reading this information on ProblemGambling.ca, you have taken an important first step.